Part two - The neurocognitive training principles
We understood, in a nutshell, how the brain learns and how it should operate in order to function properly. The neurocognitive training of Infinity Mind is based on the principles of knowledge which we have reviewed in the first part of the post. Let's see how it is reflected in the method.
Neurology + Cognition + The emotional systems
We have seen, as we recall, that there is an interaction between brain structure and its activity (the infrastructure) to our cognition. From this, we can understand the guiding principle of neurocognitive training - improving the neurological infrastructure and strengthening cognitive abilities.
Neurologically - The methods used in training improve the communication, the synchronization, and the cooperation between different regions of the brain, construct effective brain pathways, and teach the trainee to better control his brain waves, regulate them, and adjust their frequency to the task he wishes to perform.
The improvement of the neuronal brain activity also increases the excretion of neuronal conductors, which greatly affect functions such as movement, attention, assessment, planning, performance, self-regulation, coordination, spatial orientation, motivation and learning.
Cognitively - The training works on various cognitive skills, such as attention, perception, recall, memory and more. It improves one's perception abilities, strengthens the different memory types, enhances the ability to filter out the relevant stimulations from the flow of external stimulations, teaches techniques for controlling the 'inner speech' and accelerates the pace of data processing and decision-making, even under pressure.
Another layer that takes place in training is working on the emotional aspects. As it is known today, emotional abilities are a powerful tool that helps to realize the cognitive abilities and to maintain the motivation required for an effective treatment.
On the other hand, emotional difficulties can prevent a person from realizing his abilities. For this reason, during the training, we maintain the dynamics and semantics of success, which encourages the trainee to persist in training, identify negative thinking patterns and leverage the progress of the trainee, to improve his self-image and strengthen his motivation to get out of his 'comfort zone'.
• "You can see that players are able to recover from situations which they have not been able to deal with in the past. Today they know how to pick themselves up, they know how to move on, they know how to put it behind. We definitely see a big improvement", Erez Hazan, chairman of Hapoel Galil Elyon basketball
The combination of these three aspects - neurological, cognitive and emotional - ensures that all aspects of the brain capacity will be addressed during the training and will maximize the trainee's change potential.
Omri Casspi and others athlets recommend the training they have undergone
B. Practice while moving
All the training in the Infinity Mind method is sensor-motoric and the training is done in constant motion. Recent brain studies indicate, as we have mentioned, that movement plays a critical role in all cognitive processes.
When the trainee performs the cognitive exercises while in motion, he strengthens the motor pathways in the brain and provides his higher brain abilities with a stronger, better and more efficient infrastructure for performing the cognitive tasks.
C. The three levels of training
All neuro-cognitive training includes three levels:
1. General training, designed for everyone, to develop attention, thinking, coordination and memory skills in motion. These things are essential for every person and therefore we make sure to strengthen them during the training
2. Specific training for the realm in which a person engaged in. Athletes practice the skills required for the sport they are engaged in (and even for their specific role on the court); Artists develop the skills needed for their fields, such as flexibility in musical transitions, improved attention, filtering out background noise, and increasing the ability to perform several tasks simultaneously; Managers bolster the skills important to their work, such as decision-making, the ability to filter information, constantly shift between different types of tasks, maintain concentration over long working days and so on
3. Developing essential emotional abilities, while acquiring tools for self-regulation and coping with stress, identifying harmful thinking patterns and changing them
• "The training had an effect on my self-confidence, both emotionally and socially. I'm no longer afraid to be present, not afraid to speak anymore. I say what I have to say, even if it is not for everyone's taste..." Amit Damari, violinist and dancer
Part three - The training results
The practitioners of Infinity Mind's unique training method strengthen many abilities:
They are boosting their brain flexibility and improve their ability to quickly switch between tasks
They develop cognitive skills that are essential to their field of practice
They increase the ability to concentrate, reduce the cumulative mental fatigue and improve the effective performance capability over time
Acquiring new skills and improve existing skills
Improve the attention distribution, the ability to filter lots of data in parallel, perform complex assessments and to make decisions
Improve the coordination and synchronization between the motor, the attention and the cognitive systems of the brain
So, what have we learned? The brain is an incredibly sophisticated machine, but thanks to decades of scientific research, we now know that we have a strong ability to influence the way in which it functions.
We can strengthen the learning capabilities and the attention resources of our children in school, empower our cognitive abilities at the workplace and better preserve our cerebral abilities when we grow older.
There is no person who will not benefit from improving his memory, from the empowerment of his ability to draw conclusions and solve problems or from increasing his productivity.
The neuro-cognitive training is not just for trainees who are coping with various difficulties. It also nurtures excellence in trainees who function normally. It is suitable for every person, in any field, from kindergarten and preschool and to the elderly, who use training to preserve their cognitive abilities and inhibit the brain aging processes.
Is it not the time that we should begin to maximize the mental capabilities given to us by nature? After all, our brain is who we are.
7.53 minutes from the Neuro-Cognitive Training of Sheran Yeini